Do you have a problem with your dentures or partial dentures not working?
If you have trouble with your dentures or partial dentures not working, you have a bigger problem than just that.
Loose or poor fitting dentures can cause:
- Difficulty chewing.
- Difficulty speaking.
What could be the problem?
It’s important to note that dentures are not an alternative to teeth, they’re an alternative to no teeth. In fact, dentures come with several limitations that can make them uncomfortable. These limitations can contribute to your dentures not working. They can also create an aged look and change the foods you enjoy eating.
- Dentures have a limited life-span. In order to keep your dentures working and fitting well, you’ll need to have them relined every two years. As well you will need a new set made every five to seven years.
- With dentures, your biting and chewing force is less than with natural teeth.
- The removable nature of dentures makes them problematic. Most things that are removable are also moveable. A denture that moves can be less effective.
There are options to help if you find your dentures not working
For many people, a denture or partial denture that is fixed in place with dental implants can help to resolve many problems with dentures.
Dental implants are comprised of a titanium fixture that’s implanted into your jawbone to mimic the function of a healthy tooth root. Once the implant has healed in place, it’s capped with a dental crown or similar restoration.
By fixing dentures in place, you can:
- Increase the effectiveness of chewing.
- Decrease discomfort.
- Curtail the jawbone reabsorption that commonly creates a more aged look.
Finding a solution begins with a dental exam
A dental exam will help Red Deer dentist Dr Sandhu or Dr Saby determine the problem or problems that are responsible for your dentures not working as well as you’d like them to.
Once the issue has been uncovered, Dr Sandhu or Dr Saby will be able discuss treatment options that align with your personal oral health goals.
dentures or partial dentures not working, dentures or partial dentures don’t work, malfunctioning dentures or partial dentures, ill-fitting dentures or partial dentures, problem with dentures, dental implants, implant supported dentures, implant supported partial dentures, Red Deer dentist